Conditions of Entry
The Purbeck Bikemonger Bimble is organised and administered by The Purbeck Outdoor Weekend (charity no 1166759 ) and ALL profits go to local charities and organisations. By entering the Bikemonger Bimble you agree to abide by the Conditions of Entry and any event instructions given to you by the organisers and nominated officials/marshals of the event.
- Personal Health: You understand that participating in this event is something which needs to be trained for. It is your responsibility to make sure you are medically fit and capable of taking part. All participants are strongly advised to consult their doctor prior to undertaking any exercise programme.
- By entering this event, you are confirming that should you require any medical treatments during your attendance at this event, this may be administered by the event’s official medical providers.
- Medical Details: By entering this event you agree to complete personal and medical information on the back of your event number and that this information can be passed to and used by the medical teams operating on the day.
- Entry Fees: We start incurring costs early in the event organisation process, if your entry is accepted, your entry fee is not refundable under any circumstances unless the event is cancelled by the organisers. However, up to one week before the event, we will happily transfer your number to another nominated participant. Any such requests should be directed to email@example.com
- Deferrals: We are unable to offer any refunds! Deferrals will only be accepted up until July 31st and must be accompanied by valid medical proof (Dr. or Physio. letter), all medical deferrals will incur an administration charge of £10.
- Change of personal details: Should your postal address, email address or telephone number change after you have entered the event, you must contact the organisers.
- Number Switching: You must not under any circumstances give your event number to anyone else. Amongst other potential problems, doing so may cause problems of identification for the event medical services in the case of accident or another medical condition.
- Use of image: By entering the event, you give permission for the free use of your name, voice or picture in any photographs, videotapes, motion pictures, website images, recordings or any other record of the event.
- Data Protection: The Purbeck Outdoor Weekend complies with the Data Protection Act 1988 and you have the right of access to your personal records held on our computer. We do not provide any participants details to any third parties – not even our sponsors!
- Music whilst participating – The Purbeck Outdoor Weekend (Charity) does not endorse the use of personal stereos or any other musical device whilst participating. The wearing of such equipment may prevent you from hearing instructions from marshals and other event staff as well as the hearing of sirens/horns from emergency services and other vehicles. By wearing such devices you are putting yourself and those around you at risk. The event will have no responsibility should this rule be ignored.
- Finisher gifts: Only finishers will receive a medal and other finisher gifts. Please do not ask for more than one as this may deny another finisher from receiving theirs.
- Applications will be accepted up to the 31 August unless the entry limit is reached earlier – we advise early entry. Event numbers will issued on the day!
- Cancellation: We reserve the right to cancel, delay or postpone the event due to unforeseen or unavoidable circumstances outside of our control. In such a case we will endeavour to inform participants as quickly as possible. Where cancellation is outside of our control we will not be liable for any inconvenience, expenses, costs, losses or damages suffered by participants.
- Time Limits – There is an overall time limit of 8hrs for the Bikemonger Bimble with the individual time limits for each even being as follows:-
- The Double Bimble has a 7hrs 30min time limit
- The Full Bimble has a 4hrs 30min time limit
- The Half Bimble has a 3hrs 30min time limit
Participants accept that endurance events should only be undertaken by persons who have undertaken suitable training. It is your responsibility to make sure you are medically fit and capable of taking part in The Purbeck Bikemonger Bimble events and to seek appropriate medical advice prior to participation. Participation in the event is entirely at your own risk and that by entering, participants acknowledge that the event shall not be liable for death, injury, loss or damage arising from participation in the event save to the extent that is caused by our negligence.