THE FULL BIMBLE:
This off road cycling event in numbers:
47 km, 29 miles, 2682.5 feet of climbing
Entrance Fee: £35
Get stuck into this demanding 29-mile off road cycling route taking in the best of the local trails, and grand views. The route has 2682.5 feet of climbing, but as we start and finish at sea level, you get to coast down 2682.5 feet of trails.
The route starts with a gentle roll out of town and easy off-road climb up the Priests Way and past the Square & Compass Pub. A short climb to Swyre Head will reward you with world class view along the Jurassic coast. Another ridge run will then take you to Corfe Castle. A steady climb along the ridge past the ancient burial mounds if followed by a meandering and often technical descent across Aglestone Heath and on out to Old Harry’s rocks. Then there is just one stiff climb and a very technical descent back to the finish.
- Saturday 16th Sept 2016
- Start and finish on Sand Pit Field, Swanage, Dorset.
- Start will be in groups setting off every minute or so – be ready for your start time!
- 29 miles, largely off-road, cross-country and back.
- Includes goody bag for finishers inc T-shirt & Medal
- Prizes will be awarded on the day
- Routes supplied via GPX file before the event. Plug it into your GPS, or mark up your OS map.
- There will be route markers, water stations, TTiming mats and marshals at various points around the course to assist you in navigating.
- Terrain is mixed: dirt, mud, gravel, some road sections (sorry), chalk, tech, grass.
- Bike: a cross bike is ideal, but MTBs will be absolutely fine.
- Gears: yeah sure, whatever you want to use.
- Climbing: lots, all front-loaded to the first half.
- We will have a broom wagon to sweep up the unlucky and bring them back to the finish.
- This is not a race, it’s a reliability trial.
- You must wear a helmet and have front and rear lights as we can get some thick coastal fog around here. Also, read the T&Cs way down below.
- There will be a pre-event briefing which everyone must attend. This will be 30 mins before your start time.
- There are no food stops, but there are pubs on the route 🙂
- Sorry, guys, no cancellations or refunds
- Categories: normal folk, single speed, fixed wheel, tandem, fat bike.