THE DOUBLE BIMBLE:
This challenging cross bike event 2017 in numbers:
78 km, 49 miles, 4,472 feet of climbing
Entrance Fee: £40
This cross bike route is The Full Bimble and The Half Bimble back to back. You will need to toughen up to do this 49 mile off road cycling route in a good time. The bike event route has a whopping 4,472 feet of climbing and descending – More than climbing any mountain in the UK! (Ben Nevis is 4,409 feet). The route includes Old Harry’s Rocks, Ballard Down, the ancient burial site at Nine Barrow Down, Corfe Castle, and the legendary Square and Compass public house which you get to ride past twice… double temptation.
- Saturday 15th Sept 2018
- Start and finish on Sand Pit Field, Swanage, Dorset.
- Start will be in groups setting off every minute or so – be ready for your start time!
- 49 miles, largely off-road, cross-country and back
- Includes goody bag for finishers inc T-shirt & medal
- Prizes will be awarded on the day
- Routes supplied via GPX file before the event. Plug it into your GPS, or mark up your OS map
- There will be route markers, water stations, timing mats and marshals at various points around the course to assist you in navigating
- Terrain is mixed: dirt, mud, gravel, some road sections (sorry), chalk, tech and grass
- Bike: a cross bike is ideal, but MTBs will be absolutely fine
- Gears: yeah sure, whatever you want to use
- Climbing: lots, all front-loaded to the first half
- We will have a broom wagon to sweep up the unlucky and bring them back to the finish
- This is not a race, it’s a reliability trial
- You must wear a helmet and have front and rear lights as we can get some thick coastal fog around here. Also, read the T&Cs
- There will be a pre-event briefing which everyone must attend. This will be 30 mins before your start time
- There are no food stops, but there are pubs on the route 🙂
- Sorry guys, no cancellations or refunds
- Categories: normal folk, single speed, fixed wheel, tandem, fat bike